Stress-Free Travel with Kids this Christmas
Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh…. Yay! Christmas!
A holiday celebrated in over 160 countries around the world, Christmas is a festive time when people welcome back the sun’s longer days, as well as the life of Jesus into the world. Christmas is a perfect time to spend with family. Kids are already home from school, and often people have time off work to spend it with them! But what happens when kids full of candy canes and adults full of eggnog are cooped up in the house all day?
Wintertime weather isn’t always the best for going outside, and tempers can flare. As soon as you feel like telling your kids to take a hike, then it’s probably time to take a road trip!
Whether it’s a family tradition or a spur-of-the-moment whim, millions of hopeful people will take to the roads this year during the Christmas vacation. Some will go by plane, others by train, but the roads will be especially busy; AAA reports a 4.4 percent increase over last year, with 102.1 million expected to take to the roads! With more than one-third of the nation in the street, traffic will be high, and so will tempers.
A long drive in the car can be pretty stressful, and with all the other things on your mind--“Did I remember to get presents for everyone?”—the tight space with loud voices can make you want to turn the car around! This year, we at Gululu, want to make sure you and your family have a stress-free and healthy journey. Here are a few ways to reduce stress during that long drive to grandma’s house, a surprise trip to the ocean, or the unforeseen traffic jam that could last for hours.
Tips for stress-free travel with kids:
1) Always leave extra time for your journey. Having kids you already know how hard it is to keep plans sometimes, so make sure to wrap in extra time for unforeseen issues!
2) Pack the car the night before. We all know how frustrating it can be looking for things at the last moment. Spending quality time packing the night before will eliminate some of that stress. Just don’t forget where you put your keys!
3) Get into the right mindset before you leave. Be positive, and envision a journey that will be all smooth sailing! Or, well, driving in this case☺
4) Give the family a chance to relax, with a fifteen-minute break every two hours, for longer trips, or as needed. Sometimes a young one just needs to get out, breathe some fresh air and play in the grass-- fifteen minutes of playtime seems like a good trade for another hour of driving in peace!
5) Get a Gululu bottle, and they will stay entertained and play along with a virtual pet! Healthy hydration and low stress—it’s a win-win situation!
6) Play car games. Follow this link to the ten most-popular car games for kids!
When thinking about just the right gift this holiday season, there is nothing better than the healthy and fun gift of a Gululu water bottle. Gululu engages children with a virtual pet living on the bottle’s screen. Kids play exiting games, winning prizes as they keep up with customized hydration goal--that parents can track with a connected app! With Christmas right around the corner, Gululu now has a special sale! Please follow this link to see more!
From all of us here at Gululu,
Wishing you a healthy Merry Christmas!!